Honey Roasted Carrots are delicious pairing to every day of the week with just about any dinner. These are a great way to get the children to eat their veggies, that hint of honey is doing the trick. You can never have too many straightforward side dish recipes, right?
This recipe for roasted honey carrots is whole carrots, bathed in honey and seasonings, then roasted over high heat until they are tender and caramelized. A super simple yet stylish side dish!
Roasted Honey Carrots
These roasted carrots have the perfect flavor that is naturally sweetened and the roasting just brings them a delicious depth
To make them all you need to do is slice into bits, drizzle with oil and roast, 30 – 40 minutes while tossing halfway through with a mixture of honey and vinegar.
Then finish off with one ore layer of flavor with fresh herbs.
Steaming the carrots makes them tender before they bake. The honey is really heating up; check once or twice during baking so the carrots aren’t burning.
Honey Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat to 400 degrees on the oven. Fill a foil-coated sheet pan and brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- Peel the carrots, and trim them. Split them in half lengthwise if they are larger than 1 inch thick; otherwise, leave them whole. Cut the carrots diagonally into pieces that are 2 inches long. Place on a baking sheet with rim; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the extra virgin olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Pour the honey mixture over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until tender and browned carrots. The length of roasting can vary according to the size of the carrots.
- Remove from the oven and serve as soon as you wish, sprinkle with parsley.